Founded in 1993 with six sophisticated yet functional handbags, Kate Spade New York has grown into a global lifestyle brand of bags, ready-to-wear, jewelry, shoes, gifts and beyond, each thoughtfully designed for individual discovery. Today, the brand’s optimistic, feminine approach to the everyday encourages personal style and is a celebration of women who are confident with a youthful spirit. Modern, covetable design, unexpected color combinations, graphic prints and polished ease are the hallmarks of the brand.
Kate Spade New York is part of the Tapestry, Inc. house of brands
General purpose of the position: A Muse is someone who asks our guests attention-grabbing questions, strikes up memorable conversation and who reaches out to our guests in the most delightful ways. A Muse takes our guests on a journey using the muse moves and our guest experience tools; transforming the traditional sales experience into a long-term relationship.
Essential duties and responsibilities
· Give our guests the warmest welcome, always exuding confidence and proper etiquette.
· Able to develop long-term relationships with our guests by asking the most interesting questions, dancing the muse moves, suggesting outreach events ideas.
· Demonstrate ability to work as part of a team atmosphere.
· Able to receive and give feedback in an honest and genuine manner.
· Celebrate fellow muse’s successes.
Styling & Curating:
· Know and be able to communicate the kate spade new york aesthetic.
· Ability to story tell and use product knowledge to connect with our guests.
· Lead and inspire with your own impeccable style, always bringing your best look to work.
· Have the ability to spot and talk about products.
· Continuously work to keep the stockroom and shop spotless.
· Understand the product landscape across all merchandise categories.
· Ability to multitask like a pro, from operational tasks or cleaning the shop floor to processing POS transactions (a dull moment is hard to come by).
· Share ideas and feedback with the team.
Skills and Abilities Required:
· Professional selling skills and exceptional interpersonal skills
· Prior luxury goods experience preferred
· Proactive ability to multi-task and prioritize
· Works well in a team environment
· College degree preferred
· Available to work store schedule, as needed, including evenings and weekends
· Standing for extended periods of time
· Able to safely lift boxes up to 40 pounds
· Comfortable climbing ladders
Kate Spade New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran