Founded in 1993 with six sophisticated yet functional handbags, Kate Spade New York has grown into a global lifestyle brand of bags, ready-to-wear, jewelry, shoes, gifts and beyond, each thoughtfully designed for individual discovery. Today, the brand’s optimistic, feminine approach to the everyday encourages personal style and is a celebration of women who are confident with a youthful spirit. Modern, covetable design, unexpected color combinations, graphic prints and polished ease are the hallmarks of the brand.
Kate Spade New York is part of the Tapestry, Inc. house of brands
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Client & Service Expert:
· Clientele development through coaching team on proactive client outreach, and building and maintaining relationships with new clients.
· Partner with SL to develop business driving initiatives that build a repeat business or attract a new customer to the store.
· Ensure each associate is actively utilizing their client book in order to generate increased sales through monthly client book reviews and evaluation of their outreach.
· Ensure team is compliant with all clientele standards and thank you note program.
· Ensure all associates complete the sales training program.
· Model and supervise the selling environment, provide consistent coaching on sales training process in order to ensure the highest level of customer service and sales.
Leadership Presence/Steward of Talent:
· Assist SL with the achievement of financial success through improvement of measurable results that positively impact the store performance.
· Responsible for assuming the SL role in manager’s absence.
· Lead by example with the achievement of personal sales goals.
· Educate team on sales plans, personal goals, measurable stats, is able to coach to these stats to ensure business in maximized.
· Ability to network in the community to ensure open positions are filled efficiently with little impact to the business.
· Conduct ongoing review and assessment of employee performance.
Building Brand Equity:
· Understand and able to communicate the kate spade new york brand aesthetic, brand philosophy and lifestyle to the sales team and customer.
· Ensure brand and operating standards are met to support brand consistency.
· Ensure visual merchandising directives are implemented and store presentation standards are achieved and maintained.
· Communicate merchandise sell-through, stock position, business trend information, product issues, customer feedback to SL in order to increase customer service and sales.
· Perform and supervise store opening and closing procedures including counting register funds, completing bank deposits, opening and closing registers and securing facility.
· Assist SL with maintaining payroll budget by managing schedule and making necessary adjustments when the business warrants.
· Monitor, maintain, and follow company policies and procedures with a focus on loss prevention to protect the company’s inventory and assets.
· Ability to accurately manage the processing of all POS transactions to maintain the integrity of the inventory.
Education and Experience Required:
· Minimum 3 years management experience in a comparable retail environment
· College degree preferred
· Prior luxury goods experience preferred
Skills & Abilities Required:
· Professional sales development and exceptional interpersonal skills
· Strong leadership qualities; the ability to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization and to our client base
· Ability to analyze selling reports, identify business trends and react quickly to the needs of the business
· Comfortable in making decisions and mediating conflict within a team-environment
· Proficient in windows-based software such as excel, word and outlook
· Available to work store schedule, as needed, including evenings and weekends
· Standing for extended periods of time
· Able to safely lift boxes up to 40 pounds
· Comfortable climbing ladders
Kate Spade New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran