Macerich is sharply focused on sustainability as a long-term, fully integrated business approach. Our goal is simple: Create a healthy environment for our employees, tenants, guests and communities and sustain this environment for future generations.
Today we are committed to doing even more — to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions, energy use, water consumption, and waste generation by 10 percent by 2020. For more information click here.
- Our Security Staff uses Global Electric Motorcars (GEM Carts) instead of vehicles powered by gas.
- Many of our retailers now offer shoppers the option of reusable bags.
- We exclusively use green cleaning products at our center.
- The center has implemented new lighting protocols that allow us to minimize our energy use and lower our carbon footprint without any impact on the shopping experience.
- Our center has a recently upgraded HVAC system that minimizes our energy usage and lowers our carbon footprint.
- In one year, the center recycled 530 tons of cardboard – that accounts for about 20 percent of all our waste.
- With the 2010 expansion of the mall, we recycled the following:
- 30,000 tons of concrete/asphalt
- 6,000 tons of steel
- 300,000 cubic yards of soil given to the city that was used for freeway upgrades
- 65 percent of construction waste has been recycled
- Nordstrom is recycling restaurant waste for compost.
- We’ve added reduced flow toilets and automatic faucets in public restrooms.
- The center has added light motion sensors in Management Office and staff restrooms to help conserve energy.
- The Management Office now uses reverse osmosis water instead of bottled water and no longer uses paper plates and cups in favor of reusable items.
Celebrate the Year of the Rat with Us!
Saturday, January 25 12PM - 3PM Palm Court Scottsdale Fashion Square is ringing in The Year of...
Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale Auction - Car Display
Be sure to check out the stunning 1956 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz on display outside of Neiman Marcu...
Holiday at Valet
To celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Reef Parking is donating a portion of valet proceeds to Pho...
Gooding & Company: The Scottsdale Auctions
Arizona is an ideal winter destination, and each January, Scottsdale hosts a thriving automotive mar...
Scottsdale Fashion Square’s 2020 Gift with Purchase
Scottsdale Fashion Square's 2020 Gift with Purchase TERMS & CONDITIONS VOID WHERE PROHIBIT...
The People’s Open Returns to TPC Scottsdale
The 2020 Waste Management Phoenix Open Presented by The Ak-Chin Indian Community returns to Scottsda...
Bobbles & Lace Women's Fashion Truck
New England-based women's fashion boutique, Bobbles & Lace has taken their Fashion Truck cross c...
Scottsdale Arabian Horse Show
Experience Upscale Wild West February 13, 2020 - February 23, 2020 The Scottsdale Arabian Horse S...
A Fashion A'Fare - In Full Bloom -
Save the Date! Join us for a weekend of celebration of the Luxury Wing expansion. MARCH 5 Unveil...
ShackMeister Burger Beer-marinated crispy shallots and ShackSauce on a 100% Angus beef cheeseburge...
CLASSIC COMFORT TRIO
Cookie Butter Vanilla frozen custard with cookie butter topped with whipped cream and speculoos co...